[mythtv-users] mplayer aspect ratio problem

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Thu May 3 20:34:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just started to work on getting my DVD collection ripped to my mythbox.
After ripping the movie and playing it the video has black bars on all
sides.  here is the command i am passing mplayer...

mplayer -monitoraspect 16:9 -fs -ac hwac3, -vo xv

If take take out the monitoraspect option the video fills the screen left to
right but the bars on the top and bottom are too big.

I am using a 16:9 projector hooked up via component video.

Please help

Thanks,
Mitchell