[mythtv-users] MythTV firewall ports?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed May 2 21:49:02 UTC 2007

Thomas Kessler wrote:
> What ports do I need to have open on my firewall for my frontend
> (seperate computer) to connect to the backend?

Normally your firewall will be between the internet and your internal
network. It is often integrated into your DSL modem or your router
(cable modems do not normally have customer accessible firewalls).

Assuming that both your F/E and B/E are on your internal network(s) your
firewall settings would have noting to do with the matter.

If you have internal firewalls that's a different story, but very few
consumers have such a setup.