[mythtv-users] TV tuner card recommendations?

Brad patterbt at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 17:03:58 UTC 2007

I am a pretty new MythTV user, and need some recommendations for a good TV tuner card.

 I started out with a very cheap card from Kworld, that I can make work in Myth (with a lot of hoop jumping), but the quality sucks.  So I am considering getting a Haupaugge PVR-150, since I have heard it is a pretty good card and has great compatibility and is reasonably priced.  Here are my questions:

 1) Is this a good card to start with? Does anyone have any positive (or negative) comments about this card that I should keep in mind before my purchase?
 2) If I do buy the PVR-150, should I get the OEM version (no remote), the "standard" version, or the MCE version?
 3) Are there any other specific models (by Haupaugge or any other brand) that you would recommend?

 **I do realize that this is a single tuner card, but I am willing to go with that to start out with.   If I REALLY REALLY get into the MythTV, I figured I could add a second card later; or even upgrade to a dual tuner card.

 Thanks in advance for the help,

 Brad