[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edgy -> Feisty upgrade report

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed May 2 11:33:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-05 at 12:18 +0100, David Campbell wrote:

> I wasn't hacking around - the upgrade simply decided to update the
> devices but didn't make the relevant changes in fstab.

How did the entries get into the /etc/fstab in the first place?  Ubuntu
puts them in there with UUIDs so something else must have been mucking
with your /etc/fstab, if you are on Ubuntu.

> I'm not the only only this happened to.

Probably not.  Anyone naively using /dev/hd* in /etc/fstab would get
bitten.

> You may want to blame the Vendor (sic) for this... I can't be bothered.

Me neither.  Not my itch.

b.

Brian J. Murrell