[mythtv-users] nf-m2 motherboard alternatives?

Shane Hickey shane at howsyournetwork.com
Wed May 2 03:21:44 UTC 2007

Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> [2007-05-01 20:17]:
> I know wiser heads can advise better, but ISTR that DVI can be broken
> out into component....  No?

I actually went down that road before I posted and I bought a DVI-component adapter.  What wasn't clear from the website I bought it on (but was abundantly clear after opening the package) was that these sorts of cables/adapters only work on ATI cards.  I would _love_ to be proven wrong on this, but I did some googling for a few days and I don't think you can get component video out from an nvidia DVI output.

I really don't get why abit put a DVI and VGI ouput on this mobo and not DVI/s-video.  I mean, there are buckets of DVI->VGA converters already, so it seems redundant.

Shane

--
Shane Hickey <shane at howsyournetwork.com>: Network/System Consultant
GPG KeyID: 777CBF3F