[mythtv-users] Xvmc and nVidia cards

MythTV MythTV at assuredsolutions.com
Tue May 1 17:55:32 UTC 2007

I did this and it my CPU utilization went down to about 40% on HD
streams.  The video actually looks really great in high action.
Unfortunately, the sound has a break / hick-up / studder every 1.5 to
2 seconds.  (When you're watching American Idol, this can be a bit
annoying.)  The studder only occurs while XvMC is on.  If I turn XvMC
off, the sound problem goes away but my CPU goes back up and action
has some problems.

Following the thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/168490?
search_string=xvmc%20sound%20studder;#168490
I have tried turned on/off "Extra audio buffering" on the first page
of General playback options but that didn't make a difference.

Daniel, in the above mentioned thread, actually recommends not using
XvMC with HD streams.  Is that the general consensus?

Does anyone else have a suggestion for me?

Rob