[mythtv-users] Small, low cost MythTV clients...

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Tue May 1 13:15:48 UTC 2007

Hi...

There are a number of threads on this subject.  Instead of hijacking one
I thought I would start my own.  Some (maybe, a lot of ??) people are
anticipating the Apple TV to be understood to the point where mythTV
client applications may be installed.  This puts the price for such a
device at at least $300 if I'm not mistaken.  However, from time to
time, you can purchase Galaxy 3500 IPTV (caution, these boxes are very
closely named and there has been confusion which is which) for less than
$200. These boxes, I believe, may be easier to understand.  The reason
is because they are based on Sigma Designs chips with ARM core
processors that run uCLinux. Add to that there are a lot of Media
clients and network DVD players out there that are very similar (Sigma
Design chip sets running uCLinux).  Anyone working on this?  Any thoughts?

...thanks