[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase fails on every query

Jeffrey Bush bushj at rpi.edu
Tue May 1 02:05:35 UTC 2007

Thanks for your help. I got it fixed. I did chmod 777 on /var and /tmp and
now CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE works perfectly fine and mythfilldatabase is
chugging away.

One last question. Is it a security issue to have /var and /tmp be rwx by
all? This computer is solely a PVR, but is (obviously) on the internet.

Is there any risk?

Thanks