[mythtv-users] MYSQL not starting...

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Tue May 1 00:22:22 UTC 2007

The reply is:

-rw-r--r-- 1 mythtv mythtv 24 2007-04-29 08:42 /home/mythtv/.dmrc

I had found this thread
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=91455) earlier and was
following along, so I think I got the permissions correct.

I'm not sure what happened, one minute I'm running Mytharchive, it
hung, I rebooted and here I am. Can you tell me what the .dmrc file
does and why it might have broken  MySQL?

mythtv at myth:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart
 * Stopping MySQL database server mysqld                                 [ ok ]
 * Starting MySQL database server mysqld                                 [fail]
mythtv at myth:~$

Where would I find the MySQL log to try and determine what's going on?

Thanks.
AJM,