[mythtv-users] Anybody using an Xbox360 universal remote?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 22:50:21 UTC 2007

> I picked up an Xbox 360 universal remote for 20 bucks at the local
> Wal-mart
> and it seems like it would make a decent MythTV remote. Does anybody have
> any experience using one of these with Myth? I'm using a Hauppauge PVR-150
> card with an IR sensor for the remote input.

I'm not using it, but I do have one, as I did try to use it at one point

>From what I can gather, it uses RC-6. so it won't work with the Hauppauge
IR sensor (the Hauppauge sensor, unless they changed it in the PVR-150,
uses RC-5).  It might work with the MCE receiver (as it uses RC-6), but I
have no proof of that.  It can, however, be used with a receiver like the
irman that accepts any signal.

Additionally, that remote control doesn't seem to support separate volume
buttons for TV mode and XBox mode, but it does have separate power
buttons.

-- Joe

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com