[mythtv-users] very low glxgears fps

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 16:37:54 UTC 2007

AFAIK, the 'debian' version of mesa-utils contains a
modified glxgears that does not return the FPS. In
order to get the FPS output, you can fetch a let's say
Fedora RPM (FC5 version would do, but the package is
called glx-utils, not mesa-utils) and convert it with
'alien' to get a nice .deb from the rpm and extract
the content in a local directory (so as not to
overwrite the real debian install of mesa-utils).
AFAIC, this is how I can still get some FPS output. I
don't know why glxgears has been modified but my guess
is it is to prevent people from thinking of it as a
benchmark tool ...