[mythtv-users] Inexpensive easy to setup remote recommendations

Tim Small tim at buttersideup.com
Fri Mar 30 10:30:52 UTC 2007

David Campbell wrote:
> Tim Small wrote:
>
>> Have you considered the Sky+ remote?  As it is for another UK PVR
>> system, the button selection is quite a good match for MythTV (basic PVR
>> functionality plus interactive TV stuff).  It should work fine with lirc
>> (at least, I've used the original Sky one with my lirc serial
>> receiver).  You can get originals for as little as £10 on Ebay, and
>> replacement third party versions for less than this.
>>
> It would be a bit confusing as we have sky plus already :)

CPC sell hundreds of replacement remotes:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search2/browse.jsp?N=500009+401+411+1004058&Ns=PRICE_PLS_002_PRICE1%7c0

Most of them seem to be £7, but for some reason most of the remotes are
not listed.  Unfortunately, CPC is one of those older British mail-order
companies where their website is definitely a poor second-best to their
paper catalogue (like RS, Screwfix etc. etc.) :o(

According to the paper catalogue, the "HSO133402" is suitable for Sagem
PVRs, and so would probably be a good match for MythTV.  It costs £6.90.

Cheers,

Tim.