[mythtv-users] Verry ugly sound in MythTV

KrzchK2 krzychk2 at tlen.pl
Thu Mar 29 19:27:32 UTC 2007

Dnia 29-03-2007, czw o godzinie 14:16 -0400, Rod Smith napisał(a):
> On Thursday 29 March 2007 13:24, KrzchK2 wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I've decided to write on this mailing list because I couldn't find any
> > help.
> >
> > I've got problem with sound. It's very very ugly, and I think that
> > sounds like problems with sound encoder or decoder. It is very
> > quadratic,
> > squeaky and it's really hard to understand anything.
> >
> > How can I solve this problem? System is gentoo linux, Options I've built
> > with:
> > [ebuild   R   ] media-tv/mythtv-0.20_p12172  USE="alsa dvb dvd ieee1394
> > lirc mmx opengl perl vorbis xvmc (-altivec) -backendonly -crciprec
> > -dbox2 -debug -dts -freebox -frontendonly -hdhomerun -ivtv -jack
> > -joystick -lcd" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia -i810 -via" 0 kB
>
> First, there are some wiki entries on audio that you might want to read:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound_with_AC3_and_SPDIF
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Sound_card
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Sound_Troubleshooting
>
> The last-referenced page is particularly likely (but not certain) to be
> helpful.

I've tried anything. Still sound is "metalic".

$ arecord -D hw:0,0 -f dat | aplay

gives a clean sound output.

> Second, to offer advice we really need more information, such as:
>
> 1) What video capture card do you have?

AverMedia Studio 303

> 2) If you're using a framegrabber video capture card, are you using a
>    patch cable from it to your sound card or are you using an audio device
>    driver for your video capture card?

I use cable connected to LineIn. Sound is clean when I record it form
there.

> 3) What sort of sound card do you have (or onboard sound chipset, if you're
>    using what's on your motherboard)?

Card Intel ICH7, Chip Realtek ALC850 rev 0

> 4) What are you using for sound output -- speakers connected to the computer,
>    a stereo with analog connections to the computer, or a stereo with digital
>    connections to the computer?

Stereo with analog amplifier and two big speakers.

> 5) Does the problem occur in live TV, in recorded programs, or both?

No, only in MythTV.

> 6) Does the problem occur when playing back material you've obtained from
>    sources other than your capture card, such as A/V clips downloaded from
>    Internet sites?

No.

> 7) Does the problem occur when playing sound alone outside of MythTV
>    (such as playing .wav files with the aplay program)?

No.

> 8) Does the problem occur when playing A/V clips outside of MythTV (using
>    mplayer or xine, for instance)?

No.

--
Greetings