[mythtv-users] Moving

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 28 20:53:20 UTC 2007

On 03/28/2007 05:48 PM, William Munson wrote:
> Mitch Gore wrote:
>
>> I am going to be moving soon and I was just starting to think about
>> how this will change things on my myth box.
>>
>> Obvouslily i will be creating new channel line-ups.  How will this
>> effect things?
>>
>> I anticipate i will have to redo my recording schedules that are
>> "record anytime on channel XXXX" but what about my recordings?  how
>> will those work?
>>
>> Just wondering if there are any GOTCHA's with the process
> As someone who recently moved a myth box cross country. Delete and
> recreate your lineups

using the "Delete All" button in mythtv-setup's Video Sources screen.

> . You will have to reassign them to inputs as all
> the old links are gone. Your existing recordings will not be affected

Other than showing "#<chanid>" (i.e. "#1232" or "#2872") rather than
showing the channel number and channel icon on recording
playback/recording selection.

> but you will have to redo any channel specific rules. No real gotchas.

Definitely true.  If you use "Delete All", Myth will take care of all
the issues for you.

Mike