[mythtv-users] Inexpensive easy to setup remote recommendations

Tim Small tim at buttersideup.com
Wed Mar 28 09:17:44 UTC 2007

Have you considered the Sky+ remote?  As it is for another UK PVR
system, the button selection is quite a good match for MythTV (basic PVR
functionality plus interactive TV stuff).  It should work fine with lirc
(at least, I've used the original Sky one with my lirc serial
receiver).  You can get originals for as little as £10 on Ebay, and
replacement third party versions for less than this.

So, you could get a LIRC serial receiver, and the Sky+ remote for less
than either of the other two options (assuming you don't already have a
lirc receiver which would work with it - I don't know how flexible the
Nova-T is...).

I bought my lirc serial receiver from this bloke (also via Ebay):

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rendus/ir_receiver_01.htm

Cheers,

Tim.