[mythtv-users] Start FE from SSH

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 19:26:46 UTC 2007

I am using fluxbox on fedora core 6 and have a myth-load script in the
startup of fluxbox.

I know i can create a script that will restart or start the FE from a button
on the remote but i dont really like that idea because what if i accidently
hit the wront button and kill myth!  BOO!

here is what i have in my script now...
[myth at Mitchell_mc .mythtv]$ cat myth-load
#!/bin/bash

# Only do this stuff if we're on the main display
# (i.e., don't do this in a vnc session)
if [ `echo $DISPLAY | grep -c ":0"` -ge 1 ]
then
    # Launch irexec for myth power button stop/start
    irexec &
    # Launch myth frontend
    mythfrontend &
    # Disable dynamic power management (screen blanking)
    /usr/bin/xset -dpms
    # Disable screen saver
    /usr/bin/xset s off
fi