[mythtv-users] 5.1 Surround on Chaintech AV-710

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Tue Mar 27 18:00:34 UTC 2007

Hello List --

I'm wondering if anyone out there is sucessfully using a Chaintech AV-710
PCI card (Envy Chipset) to accomplish either analog 5.1 surround or
optical via the SPDIF port?

I've followed every alsa setup doc & google post I can find regarding 5.1
surround and for the life of me I cannot seem to get it working. I can
only achieve analog stereo out at this point.

I've been unsucessful at getting any sound out through the spdif; and I'd
even settle for analog surround at this point to be honest. All the
devices seem to be present and the alsa drivers seem to loaded with no
errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. i.e asound.state asound.conf
asoundrc that is known working.

Thanks,
Ryan Pisani

[root at frouse2 mythtv]# aplay -L | tail -10
    Chaintech AV-710, ICE1724
surround71:CARD=AV710,DEV=0
    Chaintech AV-710, ICE1724
iec958:CARD=AV710,DEV=0
    Chaintech AV-710, ICE1724
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output

[root at frouse2 mythtv]# aplay -l
card 0: AV710 [Chaintech AV-710], device 0: ICE1724 [ICE1724]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: AV710 [Chaintech AV-710], device 1: IEC1724 IEC958 [IEC1724 IEC958]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0