[mythtv-users] Lirc ignoring input when computer is busy

Mark Covington markcov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:38:08 UTC 2007

So I've got a fast box (AMD 3800+ X2) and the load will occasionally get up
around 2.00 or so when I'm recording a show, watching a show, and there's a
commercial skip job running in the background.  When I send a command via
the remote the box ignores it.  The command doesn't show up on irw either.
Its as though the signal was just dropped.  I'm certain its not the remotes
fault b/c everything starts working fine when the load drops.
Sometimes I have to hold the button down as though only 1 in every 5 or 6
repeated signals is being received.  This of course leads to frustration as
it will then occasionally read two in a row and jump past where I wanted.

Its a serial port reciever and the interrupt isn't shared with anything
else.  What should I be looking at to solve this problem?

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Mark Covington
markcov at gmail.com