[mythtv-users] VFD Display

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 03:30:46 UTC 2007

On 27/03/07, Mark Bell <markb at pilgrim.com> wrote:

> Nick,
> You told me a few posts back that I needed to install the stanalon VFD
> module. I have made the changes to the imon_vfd.c and it would not
> compile
> I even applied a patch the just makes those edits for you.
> Still nothing
>

> This all happening on MythDora 3.2 with 2.6.18-1.2257.fc5.smp.i686
> Lirc .0.8.1 LCDproc-0.5.1
>
> Anymore idea's before I throw my self off the roof.

Please post the output from

# ll /usr/src/linux

This should be a symlink to your kernel source, so that any
compilation process can find it. On my Fedora system, it is linked to:

linux -> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.16-1.2111_FC4-i686/

Check to see if you have this link. Your distro may have variations in
where the kernel sources are stored.

Regarding the standalone imon driver compilation: it could be failing
due to this missing kernel source link, or that the imon_vfd.c source
needs further hacking to compile on newer kernels. It is probably best
to focus on getting the lirc_imon driver installed instead (comes with
LIRC) as this should have a better chance of building on current
kernels.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: