[mythtv-users] mythfrontend and mythtv-setup cant connect to db

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 23:49:55 UTC 2007

When I try to run mythfrontend or mythtv-setup I get the following in the
output

Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'192.168.0.104' (using password: YES)

Where is it getting the IP.  It is possible this used to be the IP of the
backend box but it is not ant more.

mythtv.txt is

DBHostName=192.168.0.95
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=nfindpqr
DBName=mythconverg
#DBType=QMYSQL3

# Set the following if you want to use something other than the
# machine's real hostname for identifying settings in the database.
# This is useful if your hostname changes often, as otherwise
# you'll need to reconfigure mythtv (or futz with the DB) every time.
# TWO HOSTS MUST NOT USE THE SAME VALUE
#
#LocalHostName=my-unique-identifier-goes-here

# If you want your frontend to be able to wake your MySQL server
# using WakeOnLan, have a look at the following settings:
#
# Set the time the frontend waits (in seconds) between reconnect tries.
# This should be the rough time your MySQL server needs for startup
#WOLsqlReconnectWaitTime=0
#
#
# This is the amount of retries to wake the MySQL server until the frontend
# gives up
#WOLsqlConnectRetry=5
#
#
# This is the command executed to wake your MySQL server.
#WOLsqlCommand=echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'

Any ideas?
Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Brussels, Belgium & Bristol, UK
If you have a problem emailing me use