[mythtv-users] Avermedia A180 and HD Channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 26 16:37:39 UTC 2007

On 03/26/2007 12:10 PM, Chris Funk wrote:
> Here's what happens, the first time I logged into myweb it said:
> Encoder 5 is remote on mythhd.home.loc (currently not connected).
>
> I thought I might have turned off the mythbackend service on the
> slave, so i turned it on, now it says:
> Encoder 5 is remote on mythhd.home.loc and is not recording.
>
> However as soon as I refresh the mythweb status screen I get:
> "Mainserver: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd (GET_STATE) Unknown encoder: 5,
> exiting"
> on the slave backend log.
>
> Obviously I have something setup wrong?

Bad capture card data.  My (oft-repeated, kind-of-catch-all, but
typically always-correct) recommendation:  Use the "Delete All" buttons
in mythtv-setup to delete all capture cards and all video sources and
then re-create capture cards, video sources, input connections, and
channels.  You /must/ use the "Delete All" buttons rather than deleting
individual cards/sources.

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/260095#260095 for
why this is the best approach to fixing your system.

Mike