[mythtv-users] Suggestions Using Collaborative Filtering

Andrew Wilkinson andrewjwilkinson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 10:55:17 UTC 2007

On 3/26/07, osma ahvenlampi <oa at iki.fi> wrote:

> Excellent. Do you have any ideas how to make it work with program
> information in languages other than English? The Finnish MythTV-using
> population not being all that large ;)

As far as I know it should have no problems generating recommendations for
any languages. There might be some issues with the encodings of the program
titles, but they will hopefully be easy to overcome. The server's database
is using UTF-8 so it should be able to handle and match programs on any
language.

If you try it, and let me know what happens that'd be very useful. I am keen
on getting it working for as many people as possible.

Cheers,
Andrew