[mythtv-users] Using Windowed mode

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 26 05:23:46 UTC 2007

On 03/25/2007 11:16 PM, Justin Popa wrote:
> I'd like to start using myth to watch TV on my PC, but I have one
> issue. That is running in a windowed mode. I had it working at one
> point, but I changed the resoultion and now it will only work in
> fullscreen, or windowed at max resolution. Anyone every had this
> problem? I know I've set my settings back to the way they were, and
> even tried settings I knew wouldn't work just to try and fix things,
> but to no avail. Any help given would be greatly appreciated.

If you want a window smaller than fullscreen, you /must/ specify
dimensions.  You may do so in mythfrontend's Appearance settings by
specifying GUI Height and GUI Width.

Or, from the console, use:

mythfrontend -geometry 1280x720

or

mythfrontend -geometry 640x480+300+200

or whatever.  I'm also assuming you've already specified "Run the
frontend in a window" (also in Appearance settings).

Mike