[mythtv-users] lirc almost

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Mar 26 03:55:34 UTC 2007

> these two files should be fine as I get a working remote if I log to the
> mythtv box via ssh -X -l mythtv 192.168.1.51
> On that shell I can start mythfrontend and play with the remote without
> any problem. Same user, but different way to start mythfrontend.
>
> On the myth box it is started via kde with auto login and auto start of
> mythfrontend.
>
> I little closer I hope ?

Sounds to me as though you are logging in as the wrong user in auto mode.

Either that or your system does not set the $HOME environmental variable
correctly when using autologin.

Maybe you can change the script that starts mythfrontend to echo the
environment to a file so you can check it against what you see when using
an ssh connection.

--
Robin Gilks