[mythtv-users] "watch tv" from frontend only

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 00:48:43 UTC 2007

On 26/03/07, Matt Gibson <diwelf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Before I get too deep into this. I have a quick question. I have a
> frontend/backend running in my living room, and just got a new laptop,
> so I installed ubuntu + mythfrontend on it.
>
> I can connect to the backend fine, and watch all my recorded shows
> etc. But, I cannot seem to "watch tv"
>
> Is this supposed to be the case, or am I doing something wrong?

With properly configured channels, you should be able to watch LiveTV
and recordings from any frontend.

> I was figuring that if the tuner wasn't in use on the backend box,
> that I could "watch tv" using the frontend and see what the backend is
> seeing, is this not the case?

What you state should be the normal behaviour. Check your
mythbackend.log log for any references to missing/bad channels. You
might want to increase the logging verbosity (see mythbackend -v help)
to include at least important,general,record logging to catch most
likely errors.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: