[mythtv-users] Just trying to maximize my mythtv setup

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sun Mar 25 01:03:51 UTC 2007

On 22 Mar 2007, at 13:40, nasa01 at comcast.net wrote:
> I have the following MB, MSI K9N Platinum Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce
> 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard -- which has firewire built-in.
>
> firewire -- At no time have I been able to get any show broadcast
> over firewire, I can however change channels with no problems  :}
> Trying firewire by following the wiki's located here:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/FireWire
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Firewire_Priming
> 1.  Does anyone have any experience with the firewire ports off of
> my motherboard?
>      -- I'm low on pci ports so I don't think I have a spot to add
> a firewire card.

You obviously seem to think that the problem is with the firewire
ports of this motherboard. My advice is to prove the point - pull
another PCI cards, install a £10 firewire card & try using that.

You don't have to consider this a permanent solution, but it's a good
way to troubleshoot. If you get the same problem with the PCI
firewire card then maybe the m/board isn't to blame. If you can get
the PCI firewire card working then maybe it'll help you do the same
with the onboard firewire.

Stroller.