[mythtv-users] XvMC not working - Nvidia

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Mar 25 00:23:26 UTC 2007

Damian Surr napsal(a):
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> Damian Surr wrote:
>>> Just tried that and restarted gdm. Still get about 10 fps with
>>> glxgears! The kind of numbers I see on the net are in their thousands.
>>> Do you think there's something wrong with my card? Those numbers seem
>>> too big to bridge with a settings tweak or something.
>>> It's a bit late to find this out if it is hardware. I bought the card
>>> about 3 months ago, just not known how to test it.
>> It ain't the card.
> That's good to hear :-)
>> It's something in your config.
>> type 'glxinfo | grep NV'

Sorry, that should have been

glxinfo | grep vendor

and you should see

dionysus:/var/log# glxinfo | grep vendor
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation

Also look at

dionysus:/var/log# glxinfo | head
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.4
server glx extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
    GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_NV_float_buffer,

And make sure the line
direct rendering: Yes

says Yes.  If it says No, direct rendering is disabled.

Your X log looks OK...