[mythtv-users] mythplugins install puzzel

Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Sat Mar 24 19:19:04 UTC 2007

Message: 23
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:03:14 +0000
From: David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythplugins install puzzel
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

gwgrover at windstream.net wrote:

> > My o/s is suse 10.2
> >
> > I downloaded the rpm to my home directory and tried to install it using
> >      [rpm -U --nosignature  /home/gary/mythplugins-0.20-19.i586.rpm]
> > No messages of any kind created; it just returned to a prompt.
> >
> > And I cannot find a folder containing the app.
> >
> > [rpm -qa | grep myth]   shows that it is installed

maybe it is installed

rpm -qpl /home/gary/mythplugins-0.20-19.i586.rpm

will show you were stuff is getting installed

Dave

Yes, the "rpm -qpl" did show where the "mythplugins" folder was.  But all the folder contained was
a text document titled "COPYING".

I added the "--nosigniture" to the attempted install because of a warning message that was being
produced; perhaps that message is significant.  The message is:
     [warning: /home/gary/mythplugins-0.20-19.i586.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 1be4d89e]

I got the package from "http://packman.links2linux.org/packages"; it is supposed to be an opensuse 10.2 rpm.
It doesn't look like any of the plugin's are active in mythtv.

The links2linux site shows packages for the individual plugins ---- I thought they had all
been included in one package - "mythplugins"