[mythtv-users] Linux MCE project

Adolfo R. Brandes arbrandes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 17:31:23 UTC 2007

/me wrote:
>   My plan, therefore, is to buy a Wiimote (which is readily available,
> as opposed to a gyro mouse), build a "sensor" bar (which is not
> readily availabe), and try out either MythTV or LinuxMCE with it.

  I just found something that might be even better than the whole
wiimote thing (seeing as Gyration are apparently Nintendo's gyroscope
suppliers, and all):

  What got my attention more than anything was a combination of two statements:

"Plug 'n play USB, no special drivers or software needed"
"...the ability to assign commands to in-air gestures"

  This means that theoretically it would require no special Linux
drivers for gestures!  If only the price tag were a little lower...
But there's always the one apparently being used by the LinuxMCE guy:

  Now to find a retailer that carries these in Brazil...