[mythtv-users] deleting music database

matt lutz myth.matt.lutz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 16:20:07 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I'm having a bit of a problem with the music database.  I use iTunes to
handle my music collection, and I recently had to re-install.  When that
happened, a new version of iTunes changed some of the filenames around.  In
order to update myth, I ran a "scan for new music", and it ended up showing
a bunch of duplicates in there.  I wanted to just start over, so I changed
my music path to /tmp and then re-scanned.  What's strange is that it won't
remove all of the entries... there were still a bunch in there (but many
were deleted).  Then, if I restore to the correct path & rescan, there are
even more duplicates.

How do I just start over?  Can I just delete a table in the mythconverg
database?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
matt