[mythtv-users] How to Stop ACPI RTC Wakeup?

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:28:40 UTC 2007

On my asus digimatrix, if I remember well, in the BIOS I have an
option regarding the automatic power on: there I can set the time for
the power up . When I set from linux with /proc/acpi/alarm, I can
check the time in the BIOS. So I assume that the two setups
(/proc/acpi/alarm and the corresponding menu in the BIOS) are related.
I disabled the automatic power on via ACPI for my mythbox, because my
digimatrix don't allow me to specify the date but only the time; then
the mythbox has to wake up every day on the specified time, even if
there is nothing to record.

Now I'm using my old notebook (24/7) to wake up the mythbox via
WakeOnLan; before the shutdown, the mythbox create on a NFS share (hd
partition of the notebook) a file with the desired date and time for
the wakeup. on the notebook a cron script runs the daemon "at" in
order to check the existence of that file and, if present, to schedule
the WOL command to wakeup the mythbox. Works flawlessy!

antani