[mythtv-users] Happy Anniversary

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 22:02:40 UTC 2007

> uptime
>   15:46:15 up 365 days,  2:00,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
> And:
> apcaccess
> NUMXFERS : 183
> CUMONBATT: 1092 seconds
> Lessons from a year of uptime:
> The RAID0 storage (2x250GB) array is probably not necessary, and
> doubles the chance of disk failure.
> A UPS is a MUST.
> Four PVR-150s was overkill, three would have been fine.
> Once it's working, LEAVE IT ALONE.
My master backend has an uptime of around 280 days and I know the UPS
has saved it at least 10 times as my other mythbox is not on the UPS
and I have had to turn the power back on at least 10 times in the last
year... I doubt it will hit the year mark as I know I will have to
blow the dust out of the heatsinks before summer as the AC does not
work well in the room that I have it in.