[mythtv-users] HD success!

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Mar 22 17:20:30 UTC 2007

Aran Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 07:37:53AM -0800, Yan Seiner wrote:
>
>> So, just a heads-up if you're having trouble with your HD.  It may not
>> be the CPU horsepower, but the mobo that is lacking.  And for US$36.99
>> from Newegg, the fix is cheap.
>>

> Congratulations on getting mythtv to work!

Thanks.
> Maybe you could tell the list which Asus motherboard you had a problem
> with?  Maybe someone might choice to avoid that model...
Asus K8V-X SE - socket 754.  I don't know if I got a defective one, but
it's been a problem.  The network fails periodically, the USB is flaky,
and apparently the AGP bus is hosed.  I updated the BIOS but the
problems persisted.

> also, what
> model of Foxconn did you replace it with?

FOXCONN K8S755A-6ELRS SiS755 754

There is a similar one (AFAICT identical one) for $3 more with a
slightly different part number.

I'll post the Socket A mobo later today if I get a chance; it's a
no-name cheapie but it works amazingly well.

--Yan