[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 22 14:39:48 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 17:16:25 Michael Freeman wrote:
> On 3/21/07, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Any word on how the 1.66 duo did outputing to 1080p? (with Myth on
> > > Linux or OSX) I'm thinking of getting one.
> >
> > Been tied up with other stuff, the mini has just been sitting around
> > doing nothing for the pas two weeks. Finally got the memory ordered late
> > last week,
> > supposed to be here today...
> I put a T7200 in my former Core Solo Mini and got Gentoo on it.
> Playing the season premiere of 24 over the network from my current active
> master backend worked really smoothly....according to top, one core was
> pegged by X and the other was at 30% - used by mythfrontend.
> IIRC, this was 720p.
> Any suggestions as to what I might have messed up to make X suck down so
> much CPU?
> It seems somewhat high.

Which X driver are you using there? i810 or intel? You want the intel driver.
I'm using the latest and greatest with xorg 7.2-ish.

As for my progress... I got the 2GB of RAM into my mini last night, and at
1680x1050 resolution, playback of both 720p and 1080i stuff looks damned
good. Didn't check cpu usage, but I doubt its all that different than before,
likely just less iowait from swapping. Going to hook it up to my 1080p HDTV
tonight to see how it fares there...

Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com