[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 22 14:39:48 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 17:16:25 Michael Freeman wrote:
> On 3/21/07, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Any word on how the 1.66 duo did outputing to 1080p? (with Myth on
> > > Linux or OSX) I'm thinking of getting one.
> >
> > Been tied up with other stuff, the mini has just been sitting around
> > doing nothing for the pas two weeks. Finally got the memory ordered late
> > last week,
> > supposed to be here today...
>
> I put a T7200 in my former Core Solo Mini and got Gentoo on it.
> Playing the season premiere of 24 over the network from my current active
> master backend worked really smoothly....according to top, one core was
> pegged by X and the other was at 30% - used by mythfrontend.
> IIRC, this was 720p.
>
> Any suggestions as to what I might have messed up to make X suck down so
> much CPU?
> It seems somewhat high.

Which X driver are you using there? i810 or intel? You want the intel driver.
I'm using the latest and greatest with xorg 7.2-ish.

As for my progress... I got the 2GB of RAM into my mini last night, and at
1680x1050 resolution, playback of both 720p and 1080i stuff looks damned
good. Didn't check cpu usage, but I doubt its all that different than before,
likely just less iowait from swapping. Going to hook it up to my 1080p HDTV
tonight to see how it fares there...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com