[mythtv-users] Mythplugins configure error

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 09:23:34 UTC 2007

On 22/03/07, Gary <gwgrover at windstream.net> wrote:
> Try as I might, I have not been able to configure mythplugins.
> Here is what I get:
> suselinux:/home/gary/mythplugins-0.20a # ./configure
> --enable-mytharchive \ --enable-create-dvd --enable-create-archive
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> MythMusic requires libmad and libid3tag.
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> MythMusic requires FLAC.
> MythMusic requires libcdaudio.
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> Disabling MythMusic due to missing dependencies.
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory
>
> Configuration settings:
>
>        MythArchive    plugin will be built
>        MythBrowser   plugin will be built
>        MythControls  plugin will be built
>        MythFlix      plugin will be built
>        MythDVD       plugin will be built
>        MythGallery   plugin will be built
>        MythGame      plugin will be built
>        MythMusic     plugin will not be built
>        MythNews      plugin will be built
>        MythPhone     plugin will be built
>        MythVideo     plugin will be built
>        MythWeather   plugin will be built
>        DVD creation   support will be included in MythArchive
>        Native Archive support will be included in MythArchive
>        OpenGL        support will be included in MythGallery
>        EXIF          support will be included in MythGallery
>        FESTIVAL      support will not be included in MythPhone
>
> suselinux:/home/gary/mythplugins-0.20a #
> I've spent the last two weeks searching and reading anything I could
> find on the web about mythplugins; and trying things that seemed reasonable
>
> Would someone please tell me where I might have gone wrong?

You have to have compiled and installed the mythtv package before you
can build the plugins.

Then you need to find the missing dependencies (probably -dev or
-devel packages)

I use 'yum list' with the first part of the error message to see
what's available, eg

# yum list libid*

revealed that libid3tag.i386 was installed, and

libid3tag-devel.i386 was available

so

#yum install libid3tag-devel.i386

and work your way down the list.

The ones that caught me out were vorbis, which needed
libvorbis-devel.i386 and a mysql-client package needed by zoneminder,
which I never did find.  But I don't need zoneminder so I disabled it.

HTH