[mythtv-users] Video Card with component out

Rick Bassham brodrick.bassham at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 04:40:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 23:19 -0500, Mitch Gore wrote:
> I wouldnt recommend that board.  Its only 1.5 Ghz pry wont handle HD
> very well.  Which is why we want component out to begin with.  If its
> just SD might as well use S-Video.  Plus, $250 is a little steep IMHO.

I saw on VIA's site that they claim MPEG2 and MPEG4 acceleration with
the board, but I haven't looked to see how good the Linux drivers are
for it yet.  If the hardware acceleration is decent, 1.5 would be more
than enough to run HD content.  I think OpenChrome has drivers for it
(in svn), but not sure of the usability/stability.

Rick