[mythtv-users] Intel Mac Mini Front Internal Speaker - how to disable?

Michael Freeman mlfreeman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 02:36:19 UTC 2007

I've got a Mac Mini Core 2 Duo that started life as a Core Solo.
I've gotten digital out to work...AC3 on HD recordings...but this high speed
popping plays out the Mini's front speaker as the digital comes out
correctly through the headphone (in optical out mode).
The front speaker's noise reminds me of what i get if I plug headphones into
a headphone style coaxial digital output...how can I mute it>

And how can I get KDE arts and Myth to play nicely with the digital
output...basically I want all my audio to come out of the mini in digital
form.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael