[mythtv-users] Low memory optimizations?

Enigma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Wed Mar 21 17:41:22 UTC 2007

Greetings.

I am a long time Myth user.  2 of my frontends are Xboxes.  Since the
release of 0.20 they have become extremely slow because of their limited
memory (64 MB).  Under prior versions they performed passably but now
they are swapping heavily when doing anything.  Menu changes are slow
and playing a recording takes 15-30 seconds to begin and sometimes
fails.  Is there anything I can do to decrease the memory usage of
mythfrontend or X?  I saw a thread a little while ago about some themes
using more memory than other themes, does anyone have a definitive
answer on the theme with the lowest memory usage?  I know there are
plenty of people using xboxes (or other memory-limited machines) as
frontends, please chime in!