[mythtv-users] Watch TV while listening to music

Tim Phipps mythtv-users at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 13:08:50 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 March 2007 8:54 pm, Steven Adeff wrote:
> ssh in from another computer, run amarok/xmms/etc and start playing
> music then start the tv program.
Even simpler, bind an unused remote button to irexec and get a script that
toggles a player of your choice  on/off. I'm partial to mpd and can use the
mpc command line program to play/pause. There seems to be a bit of a "when
all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" attitude around here.
Don't get me wrong MythTV is fantastic but you don't need a GUI for playing
music.

Cheers,
Tim.