[mythtv-users] i810 Blue Square of Death?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Mar 18 16:26:43 UTC 2007

I have a mini-PC with an integrated i810 video chipset.  No expansion
slots, so no way to throw in an nVidia card.

When I try to watch Live TV or any HD recording, I get the Blue Square
of Death - that blue field you get when X tries to access the hardware
directly and fails.

At that point, mythfrontend is using 0% CPU, so I am assuming it's some
sort of hardware conflict.

Has anyone seen this at all?

I am running Debian Etch, 2.6.18 kernel, with self-built 0.20-fixes.  I
am using the i810XvMC library that comes with X 7.1.

I don't really expect to get usable HD out of it, but it would be nice
to at least get some usable SD live TV.  (This is a kitchen computer, so
news and stuff would be nice.)

Anyone have any luck with an i810 chipset?

--Yan