[mythtv-users] PS3 as FrontEnd

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Mar 18 15:26:40 UTC 2007

On Mar 18, 2007, at 8:35 AM, ryan patterson wrote:

> The PS3 doesn't have a dashboard.

Not in the Mac OSX sense, I just assumed he was referring to the main
screen.

And running X it can have whatever you want.

The main point is the unit is a real power hog, it pulls more than my
AMD FX60 with 2GB RAM and 3 hard drives, an HD-3000 and a 7600 video
card, even when that unit is compiling up a storm on both cores.

All that CPU power just to play games, makes one wonder what our
priorities really are.

I can assure you that my PS3 will never even be in the same room with
a PS3 game program.