[mythtv-users] NVP: prebuffering pause -- what does it mean, really?

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 19:38:35 UTC 2007

I should elaborate more, though:  I see occasional "prebuffering
pause" and "Prebuffer timed out" messages sometimes every few minutes,
but I could only tell from watching the log; It is only rarely now
that it visibly freezes the video.  The audio cuts out first, then
video freeze.  I can't confirm what cpu speed I was at during
"working" playback, but it's likely the throttle-back is when I get a
full on freeze.  Will also look into getting lm_sensors installed this
weekend to check temps.  I've already disable cpuspeed and asked the
wife at home to test LiveTV (or rather, let it play while she watches
cable :) ).

Thanks again,
Willy