[mythtv-users] Did I mess everything up?

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 16:03:08 UTC 2007

I managed to fill my / partition on knoppmyth a couple of times.

If the box will boot, then you can use du -f to check for for the
directories taking most space.

A couple of times, I have managed to gain space by moving the files in
/var/lib/mysql to the /myth partition ( with mysql stopped of course) and
then moving them back.

Otherwise it's a case of using a rescue disk and mounting the partition so
you can delete files.  I once had to backup all my files and do a complete
install from scratch to gain a  bigger root partition. To my mind knoppmyth
still does not offer nearly enough on an automatic install.

regards

gary