[mythtv-users] Help me get my tv working at 1080i!

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Mar 16 15:20:05 UTC 2007

Kevin Ould wrote:

> Hey Tom,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion but I tried it and it just seemed to
> automatically revert back to 720x480 unfortunately. Looks like I may
> be stuck with 480p for now. I am outta ideas.
Hi Kevin:

The Nvidia driver will, by default, use the EDID modeline closest to
your desired modeline.  It *will not* use your exact modeline.

You can try adding

    Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "true"

This  should force it to use the exact modeline you specified.

(I also had to add 'Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"' to
keep it from scaling, but I don't know if that would work with your
CRT.  You can always try.)

Please post back and let me know if this works or not.  This is one of
those things that nVidia should publish in great flaming block letters,
not bury it deep down in Appendix D....

--Yan