[mythtv-users] IRBlaster Question

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:52:36 UTC 2007

> > You can use a single irblaster to control both with one small gotcha. If
> > both channels change at the same time one will have to wait until the
> > first command is complete, I am not sure if lirc supports this or not
> > but the MyBlaster device does support command queueing. Personally I
> > found it better to have one device per receiver and allow both to change
> > at the same time.
>
> Thanks, since I have two units and many simultaneous recordings, I'll
> get the dual one so I can change both channels at the same time.

I think you mean you'll get two separate blasters, if your goal is
simultaneous tunes. :)  The dual headed blasters send the same signal out of
both IR emitters.  So in order to tune two devices, the receivers must be
configured to accept different remote codes, and then you must tune the
devices sequentially.

Brett.