[mythtv-users] EEK! System Reboots when Svideo connected

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 15 11:54:53 UTC 2007

jamesjtucker at comcast.net wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Maybe the power supply is going? I dont have too much hardware left to swap :(
One thing that you may have not thought of would be a grounding issue.
If your tv or computer power supply is not properly grounded there could
be significant current flowing down your s-video cable. Try with a
different tv set to see if the tv is the problem. Can you boot a 'live
cd' while hooked to the tv? If you can, then its a configuration issue.
Otherwise its a hardware problem.