[mythtv-users] DVB-T Recording Errors

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:46:18 UTC 2007

On 14/03/07, Ian Newby <ian at codex.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I am using a Novat-T 500 to record DVB-T from a relatively weak signal
> (48-50%).
> Sometimes, I get the case where the recording seems about the right size
> in Mb, but the recording ends early, ie I recorded a one hour show, it
> took 1gb of disk, but MythTv stopped the playback after 7 minutes.

If the decoder fails irrecoverably, playback can just stop, even if
there is good video elsewhere in the recording.

> Also, sometimes when I try and remove commercials, it fails with an
> error, but the recording can be watched without a problem.
> I believe these problems are due to corruption in the DVB stream. Are
> there any utilities which can be applied to a corrupt DVB-T file to
> remove the corruption?

I would use ProjectX to try and fixup the recordings as best it can,
but the only real solution is improved signal strength to avoid the
corruption in the signal.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: