[mythtv-users] Where are those new 1TB drives?

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 18:20:16 UTC 2007

On 14 Mar 2007, at 17:24, jedi at mishnet.org wrote:
>> See
>> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/
>> 254426#254426>
>> .
>> Yeechang, whose three home RAID 5/6 arrays all use IDE and SATA
>> drives
> Yes, the operative word here being HOME.

Much as Yeechyang annoys me, you would do yourself service if you
read the articles he linked to.

   Interestingly, we observe little difference in replacement rates
   between SCSI, FC and SATA drives, potentially an indication that
   disk-independent factors, such as operating conditions, affect
   replacement rates more than component specific factors.