[mythtv-users] Where are those new 1TB drives?

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 18:20:16 UTC 2007

On 14 Mar 2007, at 17:24, jedi at mishnet.org wrote:
>> See
>>
>> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/
>> 254426#254426>
>> .
>>
>> Yeechang, whose three home RAID 5/6 arrays all use IDE and SATA
>> drives
>
> Yes, the operative word here being HOME.

Much as Yeechyang annoys me, you would do yourself service if you
read the articles he linked to.

Specifically:

   Interestingly, we observe little difference in replacement rates
   between SCSI, FC and SATA drives, potentially an indication that
   disk-independent factors, such as operating conditions, affect
   replacement rates more than component specific factors.

Stroller.