[mythtv-users] For whom the bell tolls [RM for DVB aka CPCM]

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Mar 14 17:03:48 UTC 2007

Peter Bowyer wrote:
> Make sure you read about all of the EFF's activities before you send
> them money. In particular, check out what they say and do about spam.

Drifting off topic here, but I'm not sure what the point of the above
comment is here in relation to the original comment about DRM and its
impact on mythtv.

Broadcasters and alike are going to continually push for taking control
and ownership of their content.  Without representation from the
consumers, it is the consumers stand to lose out entirely.  IMHO, it is
the MPAA is putting the pressure on the broadcasters AND the consortium
to implement DRM, and continue to increase its restrictive nature.  The
MPAA is much like the RIAA (just without the nasty tactic of randomly
suing teenagers and the elderly ;) ) in the way that they wish to
protect all of their content distribution with DRM, but, as far as I
know, the similarity ends there (as we all know, the RIAA is a different
beast all together).

-Rich