[mythtv-users] How-to test MythTV activity from cron job

devel at mrwire.co.uk devel at mrwire.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 12:45:57 UTC 2007

>You can use mythshutdown which will return a status:
>some options for mythshutdown are
v-c/--check (check shutdown possible returns 0 ok to shutdown
>1 reset idle check)
>-s/--status (returns a code indicating the current status)
>0 - Idle
>1 - Transcoding
>2 - Commercial Flagging
>4 - Grabbing EPG data
>8 - Not used
>16 - Locked
>32 - Not used
>64 - In a daily wakeup/shutdown period
>128 - Less than 15 minutes to next wakeup period

With my patch for mythshutdown here
-s/--status also checks for in-progress recordings and returns a status of 8 if the backend is recording.
I wrote this for a similar reason to you, but in my case I check if it is recording before shutting the machine down.